I can't imagine that I'm the only kidmin director out there who procrastinates, am I? I tend to think of it as working better under pressure! Well here we are, the final day before the final day to register early for KidMin 2011 and SAVE a bundle for being an early bird. :) If you haven't signed up yet, just do it! I'd love to meet you there!
I am a conference newbie. There, I've admitted it. Although I have been a kidmin director since 2004, I have attended 3 ministry conferences in that time, and been a speaker at all 3. So I guess that means I actually haven't "attended" a conference yet. Well, why not make this the first one?
KidMin 2011 has me just captivated for some reason! Actually I think there are many reasons. But here are a few...
- GROUP! If you know anything about Group, you know that they do EVERYTHING top notch! I love Group, and will continue to promote them as long as they continue to be the excellent organization that they are. Because their name is involved, this conference is guaranteed to be different, and in a great way!
- CHICAGO! Never been there, but I hear they have great pizza, and I love pizza! It's worth the trip for that, don't you think?
- SACK CHAIRS! When I read the word "naps" in the brochure, I got very excited!
- MARINATE! I hear that's just what I'm going to do in fresh ideas and topics that really matter. This has me interested...
- SPEAKERS! I am friends with many of you on Twitter and Facebook, and haven't yet met you in person. That needs to change. :)
I can't wait to meet so many of you! It's exciting to know that when we go back to our ministries after the conference is over, we will be bringing a piece of each other with us! Our impact will be greater, as our relationship with Jesus will be deepened, and we will share that with others in our own ministries. Very best of all, we will impact the lives of KIDS, all for JESUS, bigger and better than ever before!